Skill Development Cell
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna by Technical Institutions (PMKVY-TI). This scheme is implementing through AICTE approved colleges to impart technical skills to drop- out students and find the placement in suitable private as well as in government sector jobs.
The main aim to make students ready for industry it realized unanimously though lately that there is big gap between academic knowledge and technical skills required by the industry.
The main objectives of Skill Development Cell are:
- To provide all facilities and resources like latest software electronic devices, equipments, journals, books etc.
- To give practical training to the students in the required essential technical skills.
- To conduct workshops and seminars by industrial experts to improve the skill of students.
- To facilitate institute industrial interactions and knowledge exchange programmes.
- To arrange industrial visits in around the city and outskirts.
- To coordinate with the placement activity in the campus.
The training faculty at the skill development cell is expert internal faculty especially those whose background is based on industry and research development .Different sessions of training in technical skills required by the industry are conducted with the group of students. Workshops and seminars are conducted regularly by the industrial expertise from reputed companies to share the latest trends and requirements of the industry. The training at the centre along with internship programmes prepare the students to face the future challenges and make them industry ready. To achieve this task Himachal Pradesh Technical University cell offers rich program and opportunities to develop soft skills of the students beyond the main degree to help them to stand out in the job market and enhance their learning.
- Skill Development cell is associated with National Skill corporation to focus on up-gradation of skill to international standards through significant industry involvement and develop necessary framework and standard for training of youth of this country.
- The objective of this cell is to encourage proficiency and skill development of youth by conducting approved training programs in different sectors and proving rewards on successful completion. Skill Development cell enhances the professional skills in the semi-skilled and unskilled labour in various jobs roles and is intended to develop and certify skills as per industry standards.